Relayrides Car Rental Review from Salt Lake City, Utah

Salt Lake City, Utah 2 comments
2.0

Rented my suburban for 2 years and it went well. Suburban got wrecked.

Turo doesn't want to pay.

Sad!!

Insurance not good.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with RelayRides. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about RelayRides.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Rentals category for more informed decision or compare RelayRides to other companies on our site.

Santa Monica, California, United States #1239197

Relay Rides did the same thing to me. When a renter totaled my Prius the company Relay Rides insurance refused to pay me a dime.

I was so upset that I finally retained a lawyer. He thinks it's a good case and asked me to reach out to others that had the same experience for a class action.

Would you email me? I'd love to hear what you went through and maybe we can help each other

jessicalincolnpage at gmail dot com

Hi, the same thing happened to me! I was upset enough about it to find a lawyer who would take my case.

He asked me to look around and see who else has had this problem (class action?).. Would you email me?

I would like to hear how they screwed you over like they did me. Maybe we can help each other jessicalincolnpage@gmail.com

RelayRides - Simple Review #1455171121

New York, New York 0 comments

Terrible!! Ripped off by over $1,000. AVOID!!!

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

RelayRides - Car Rental Review from Katy, Texas

Katy, Texas 0 comments
Insurance Quality

Since Friday night I have tried to rent six different vehicles for obvious days that had not been blacked out by the owners. Well it seems that it is a policy that owners don't have to meet nor live up to the expectations of the customers.

Six times I was simply told that the days every single one of the owners had committed to rent...they simply did not feel like renting. Oh and TURO's official reply was not to give up that they were confident I would eventually have luck....what a joke and a Farse they are!!!!! I understand maybe two, or heck even 3 people canceling...but six in a row.

And this company offers $30 in return!?!?!? Wonderful customer service.

This reviewer shared experience about order processing issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with RelayRides. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

RelayRides - Car Rental Booking Review from Naperville, Illinois

Naperville, Illinois 2 comments
1.6
Insurance Quality

I had a successful rental from RelayRides last week. ($549) then I tried booking a rental for this week ($797) and a hold was placed on my account by "Trust & Safety" and they wanted all the verification to be done again.

Which was fine. I took all the pictures and submitted everything. Then a day later they get back to me saying there is another account with similar information attached to mine. So they asked if I knew and if so, to give an explanation.

The info made sense, it was my sons account. The address was the same. So I explained that it's my sons account and we had used the same address. They then replied asking for both of us to take photos with our license, our face, and our credit card.

We submitted 6 pictures total. After another day and having to call multiple times, they send an email saying that the account is going thru a brief review and will be taken care of shortly. So again I called and of course they said the same thing... The "Trust & Safety" Department can only be contacted by email..

What business doesn't have a phone service to such an "important" department?? Anyway, they sent another email back this morning saying that the closed my account and will not disclose why. They also closed my sons account. My suggestion is that it's not worth saving a little money by dealing with this company.

Stick to Entrrprise or one of the other main leaders of rentals.

And stay far far far away from this company.

This reviewer shared experience about order processing issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). cscmidwest is overall dissatisfied with RelayRides. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Lake Forest, California, United States #1135374

same thing happened to me in that I wasn't approved and I have a spotless driving record and no criminal history. They wont tell you why and its creepy.

to Robert Naperville, Illinois, United States #1135380

Yep it's crazy!! I hope this company gets shut down.

I have heard so many bad things since I posted this. (I forgot my password so that's why it says anonymous) makes me so mad.

It would be a smart business decision on their part to include a reason and/ or an appeal option.

RelayRides - Simple Review #1447464271

Kettering, Maryland 0 comments
1.5
Insurance Quality

Great concept with flawed execution by snot nosed kids with Uber dreams. Changing the name won't help this company.

RelayRides - Car Rental Booking Review from Concord, North Carolina

Concord, North Carolina 0 comments
Additional Services

One word will be enough to describe this company USELESS. Tried booking 3 cars all of them were decline, they were no available for the dates a requested, the problem insted of letting you know right away, they makes you wait.4, 5, 6 or even 8 hours for a reply. Wasted 2 days looking for a car, ending up renting from a established company, that was cheaper and did not make me wait hours to let me know if I could rent, and no need for "friendly message" to renter, this is a business transaction, not a dating site, this.company had to be founded by a lonely person, in short, it is.useless.

Also, you can continue reading comments about RelayRides.

RelayRides - Beginner company. Not Professional! Stay away!!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 0 comments

I proceeded to make an account for my husband so we could get a rental car to help my mother in law move. Since I don't drive I used all my husbands information and went on to process the trip.

What I didn't know is that my husband already made his own account and that he already registered his information for that service. They closed my account and his and would not reinstate it because his license was under both accounts. My husband called them and told them what happened and they were very rude on the phone and gave no real reason to why they couldn't fix the error just declined his membership. We gave them all our information and still nothing.

Company has very poor customer service and tries to scam people out of their money from what I've read. I guess this is why they changed their name from RelayRides to Turo. A lot of complaints and cases against this company.

RUN!! Run and don't look back!

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to "my husband deserves an apology for the rudeness of their customer service staff. we are the consumer trying to give you business and that's how you treat your customers? i want an apology!". The author is overall dissatisfied with RelayRides. The most disappointing about relayrides account from RelayRides was customer service, account declined and no explanation when replying Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Relayrides Account Review from Dallas, Texas

Dallas, Texas 0 comments

Tried to rent a car today and could NOT because you have to create online account to do so. If you enter the name you go by and NOT what's on your drivers license they won't match and you cannot create account.

You can NOT speak to support to correct this and you can NOT edit you name and profile online. You have to email support to resolve which I did. After 12 hours and back and forth emails the name on my account still is not correct and I still cannot rent a vehicle!! The worst customer service process I've ever experienced.

Not to mention how frustrating it is try try and work and check emails in between to try and fix and GET NO WHERE! Do NOT waste your time with this company.

This person wrote the review because of damaged or defective of relayrides account from RelayRides. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants RelayRides to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by RelayRides for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

RelayRides - No consent to a background check. Unwilling to disclose reason. Discrimination per Minnesota laws.

Brooklyn Center, Minnesota 1 comment
Additional Services

Please let me know how I can contact you. I have recently been denied and all I provided was my drivers license, name, address and my picture. Within 4 hours, I received a message of denial that said my account was deactivated.

I asked for the reason and was told this by email by someone by the name of Marjorie, "RelayRides does not disclose proprietary information regarding the details of our internal review process. The information you provided during the application process was closely reviewed prior to rendering our decision.

Regards,

Marjorie

RelayRides Trust & Safety Specialist."

I am also looking into the matter and will be pursuing legal action.

Thanks.

This reviewer shared experience about "rights violation and discrimination " and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. This person is overall dissatisfied with RelayRides. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about RelayRides.

Comments

mrssmith84

Hello. Me and my husband were just denied by Turo aka RelayRides as well.

They closed both our accounts and gave us no reason why, just sent me the same exact email.

If you are bringing up a case against them and you need supporting documents I am willing to share my documents. I feel we were discriminated against as well.

RelayRides - A great place for Car Owners who want to get their car fixed at renters expense

Seattle, Washington 4 comments

Be VERY cautious if you use this service and record the entire before and after transaction with the renter - even if that feels icky and non-trustworthy as apparently this service supports people screwing over the renters by owners claiming false damage that was either previously noted or happened after the return (I returned my car at 5:30am and the owner notified me the car was damaged at 3:30pm though when car was returned no damage was noted).

I refuse to pay and now they are sicking a credit collector on me. F-you Relay Rides. You claim the evidence satisfied your requiremnets but never provided any of said evidence to me for review.

This person wrote the review because of problems with payment of relayrides car rental from RelayRides. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants RelayRides to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was unfair treatment and scam artist owners. If you have a chance, please immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States #1209360

Hi there- this is also happening to me but want to fight it. What was the outcome? Did you end up paying?

Hi,

The same thing is happening to me. They are claiming I did damage to the underside of the front bumper and are now saying I'm liable for over $900 in damage.

I have my own personal insurance and the claim was denied due to lack of evidence the damage was caused by me.

Now they are saying I have 5 days to pay or it will be turned to collection and they will be providing no further information other than I owe this amount. I will be contacting an attorney as I'm sure this is a deceptive business practice.

Yes you are extremley right, I use to rent from them but after a owner lied and they said my account was on hold because the owner said her engine light was on. And she need a new engine after I rented from her for a day I was done. So please be very very careful.

That's so *** up and I can see how someone shady would try and work the RelayRides system to do that.

View more comments