I rented a car from Sat 2/14 - Sun 2/15. the total charge was to be 117.50
I asked for an extension from 2/15 - 2/16
the charge came out to be another 117.50
I wound up paying 235.00 and my bank account showed 3 seperate transactions
I also was contacted the next day saying i had ANOTHER rental set up for 2/17
I contacted them and about the situation. he never confirmed nor denied that a false rental was set up. thus began the questioning of the extra charge. i recieved the run around for 1 week.
I asked to be put in contact with supervisor.
who took me on another weeks worth of run arounds. explaining in a very contradictory manor why i was charged for 4 days worth. tho i only had the car for 2 days 9 hours.
i made another quote for the same time frames that i rented before.
and sure enough the cost would have been 176.25. exactly 58.75 LESS than what i was charged.
I pointed this out. and she still gave me the run around. the reasoning being that the EXTRA 3 hours on the initial rental and extra 6 hours on the extension both constitute 1 whole day each.
before she even said this though she stated that Relay rides doesnt take into consideration hours..
i found her reasoning SUPER confusing.
bottom line here is they refuse to give my money back. and refuse to see the contradictions in their own protocol. i feel like ive been talking to someone who has their fingers in their ears, eyes clamped shut and is shouting "LALALALALA CANT HEAR YOU!!"
Renters...BE WARY. this is a company without true morals it seems.
The costumer service agency is not helpful at all.
why wouldnt there simply have been 2 charges on my account for 117.50 instead of 3 charges? why is there a difference in cost between renting the car for 3 days vs renting for 2 and asking for 1 day extension. the time frames are the exact same.
im only out 58.75. but this is a clear sign of bad business practice and people should know that they do this.
More Review Details
What I liked
- I liked dealing with the owners
What I disliked
- Some of the terms and conditions
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Car Rental
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
Currently PissedConsumer.com is operating in read-only mode, users cannot make any changes to the information, publish comments or reviews.
You May Also Like
- "Well... I was on my way to becoming a frequent Enterprise rent-a-car (and truck) customer....until this morning that is. Last week I was in TX (Abliene, TX) and had a great..."
- "This place was recommended by a friend who only used their services once. I was very excited to rent an RV and selected a coach size. I paid for the..."
- "This apartment complex has been nothing but issues. I do not receive any notifications about important notices like everyone else I know does. The outside of the building is always..."
- "Ordered a ugly Xmas sweater on December 14. By Christmas I emailed to try to cancel the order since it clearly wasn't going to arrive before Xmas and was told..."
- "Zazzle - you can take the order, promise the due date of the order BUT - you don't do what you say you will do and to make matters worse..."
- "My wife and I were traveling and attempted to use the tv.xfinity.com feature - unfortunately, after logging in, I kept getting error when trying to play recordings/tv/ondemand/anything - I called..."
- "Green line appeared 1 year after purchase. I contacted VIZIO and told them that purchase was a year ago and may be out of warranty. They assured me that even..."
- "They said they would award me generously extra points so I could do some shopping... well they rewarded me an extra 3 dollars even though I paid 10 for shipping......"
- "I had neglected my teeth for years and my smile looked like I chewed rocks. They were all broken and decayed, and I looked so bad that the girls all..."