I rented a car from Sat 2/14 - Sun 2/15. the total charge was to be 117.50
I asked for an extension from 2/15 - 2/16
the charge came out to be another 117.50
I wound up paying 235.00 and my bank account showed 3 seperate transactions
I also was contacted the next day saying i had ANOTHER rental set up for 2/17
I contacted them and about the situation. he never confirmed nor denied that a false rental was set up. thus began the questioning of the extra charge. i recieved the run around for 1 week.
I asked to be put in contact with supervisor.
who took me on another weeks worth of run arounds. explaining in a very contradictory manor why i was charged for 4 days worth. tho i only had the car for 2 days 9 hours.
i made another quote for the same time frames that i rented before.
and sure enough the cost would have been 176.25. exactly 58.75 LESS than what i was charged.
I pointed this out. and she still gave me the run around. the reasoning being that the EXTRA 3 hours on the initial rental and extra 6 hours on the extension both constitute 1 whole day each.
before she even said this though she stated that Relay rides doesnt take into consideration hours..
i found her reasoning SUPER confusing.
bottom line here is they refuse to give my money back. and refuse to see the contradictions in their own protocol. i feel like ive been talking to someone who has their fingers in their ears, eyes clamped shut and is shouting "LALALALALA CANT HEAR YOU!!"
Renters...BE WARY. this is a company without true morals it seems.
The costumer service agency is not helpful at all.
why wouldnt there simply have been 2 charges on my account for 117.50 instead of 3 charges? why is there a difference in cost between renting the car for 3 days vs renting for 2 and asking for 1 day extension. the time frames are the exact same.
im only out 58.75. but this is a clear sign of bad business practice and people should know that they do this.
More Review Details
What I liked
- I liked dealing with the owners
What I disliked
- Some of the terms and conditions
- Customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Car Rental
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Further to our unsatisfactory experience reviewed on August 12th, we were forced to deliver the RV to the CA "New York City" depot, which is actually in Roslyn, Long Island...."
- "Please find enclosed details of my recent experience with Europcar in Manchester. I am launching a claim against the company today in the Small Claims Court but I believe there..."
- "Rented a car from Palm Beach location, 2 days later discovered tire flat called my private roadsie assistance company only to discover that they had rented me a car with..."
- "I took my 2015 Rav4 into Car Toys on Aurora Ave North in Seattle for an installation of a Kenwood DDX593 receiver/monitor (no navigation), that I also bought from them..."
- "I must be naive! Ground shipping more exensive than expedited shipping..odd. Return policy..odd but still pressed the purchase button. Receive goods..ivory wedding shoes with rosettes and rhinestones...."
- "On Sept. 18, 2012, our company received custom-made heat exchangers used in the manufacturing of research aquatics systems. Estes Express was the carrier. The crate looked fine when we got..."
- "Just moved into Waterbrook Apartments in Southern California and for 2 weeks we have been fighting with maggots outside on our patio. It took management 2 weeks to figure..."
- "I purchased this "sport" windscreen from an Ebay seller from Italy for an XDiavel. BEWARE!!! The bolts that came with it are MUCH too short, and are black steel..."
- "Two year old leather recliner had large discolored area suddenly appear on headrest. I had purchased the fabric protection plan when I bought the recliner from Lazyboy. The..."