RelayRides - Greedy car-rental owners' get $ quick scheme

Basically messed up my credit score & if not now, in future unless I pull whatever sum my debt with this company has reached. Try to see if the people are Indian, if you aren't then you'll probably be best off just going through Hertz or another option.

I'm sorry, I had three different car rentals over a fairly brief period of time, looking back in hindsight... I KNOW how to drive a stick shift. I can drive a manual transmission but these *** went on to claim damage to that part of their Mustang, which was never mistakenly booked online. I can read.

I know what I picked and paid for. Now for my late pickup & late drop-off there isn't an excuse for that but those factors in addition to a cigarette burn in the leather interior which was ALREADY THERE when I got INTO THE CAR. Unless these folks have proof of otherwise (they took no record/pictures/EVIDENCE at the time I picked the car up... I'll bet they claim they did, it's been a couple years now & it's probably long gone behind this disgusting couple...

Seriously. NOW I have some debt collector on my case for this pricey car rental that sustained some damages (not all are material! I'll take the fall for the cigarette burn not because I'm aware that I did so but because I didn't lie or hide anything even though I see now that I should've realized these people would see some golden opportunity to capitalize on easily with this *** little 20 year old white girl getting everything she wants in life and never struggling when I came from x y and z... not a big deal.

From the couples' perspective, I can see why the end result was what it is. I haven't followed up with anything regarding this matter because it hadn't occurred to me until it's a resentment festering that I'm not going to be able to let go until there's something done about such greed and unfair conduct & I feel seriously taken advantage of and misunderstood by this... I did send one response to the debt collector or attorney assigned this case, requesting that I get some form of proof that I did damage that didn't already exist on the car. I don't recall EVER having ANY incident that'd result in the gears being damaged from misuse, herein giving these greedy *** the green light to make me pay for my disrespect in being late and being a tobacco smoker at that time.

I wasn't raised that way and I know when I'm wrong and when something isn't right and this, it honestly just isn't right and it's frustrating as *** because it's going to affect my credit and I'm at a point in my life where I'll be needing it. I lost two close relatives in the past two months and things are coming into perspective and giving me quite the scare. That said, I'm not letting these people just get away with fxcking me over because before I had no cares or time to fuss with explaining myself and all that stuff that isn't consistent with most young-adults around the age at that time. I'm 24, like I said, things are a lot different so something's going to have to happen.

Relayrides said I'll be able to use their service once again, once I pay up the full ticket amount which is some thousand dollars of course. You can't just replace a TRANSMISSION like that. Of course it'll be expensive... Honesty isn't the best policy with indian people and that's just my experience - I get taken advantage of and stepped on, seriously.

Like never before. Call me a racist or stereotypical but I'll take that until I start seeing some change in the people I'm dealing with. I know I didn't do the damage these people claim and I know they are not cautious and calculating the way the next car owner who rented to me was... He walked through with me and took pictures of the car in the state it was in at that moment I received the car, all very thorough.

I didn't read all the FAQ and websites fine print at this point so the process was a little bit of a breath of fresh air that made so much more sense than the previous experience(s). He was Asian but that's irrelevant, thanks again - white Malibu car-owner who took measures to ensure neither of us got *** off and guess what, that went over without any issues. And I had driven several manual transmissions up until then!!!!!

I know I did not do what these fraudulent *** are doing to me. I'm stopping this.

Review about: Relayrides Car Rental.

RelayRides - Simple Review #1479597434

My membership was decline, I met all the requirements. My account was hacked, I will never use your service again y'all can kiss my *** *** *** I will tell all my friends and family not to news Turo again they *** suck *** heads.

RelayRides - Denied

Mount Laurel, New Jersey 5 comments

Denied - for no reason. I meet all of their requirements but was denied a membership.

I gave them my social security number, address, photo of my license, photo of my face, and credit card information and they are unable to disclose a reason why. I understand this has happened to other people. Now they have responded to my inquiry saying any emails or questions I have for them won't even be responded to. What are they doing with the sensitive customer data, social security numbers, and credit card information with the people they deny?

How are they able to take this information and then deny a reason? And then say they're no lot even going to respond to emails.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of relayrides sign up. RelayRides needs to "a clear answer as to: 1. why i was denied after meeting all of the requirements 2. what is being done with my credit card, social security number, and personal information?" according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned relayrides sign up in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at RelayRides.

Comments

I was also denied due to my "transunion auto score" which is odd because i have a perfect driving record no tickets ever, i have always kept valid insurance, and I have never had a wreck. When I got a transunion agent on the phone she told me they keep no such score.

When I called Turo back and explained this to them the turo agent told me that an auto insurance score is indeed real but she does not know where they get it from.

She went on to tell me that this score is based off the likelihood of the account holder to file a claim. I went on to tell her i wanted to file a discrimination claim because I have never in all of my 35yrs filed a claim of any sort so in order for them to come up with such a thing they had to have based their decision off my gender, age, race, or religon but most definatly not driving record!

Wichita, Kansas, United States #1354725

Same here. I have excellent credit, no accidents, no traffic violations, no insurance claims in over 10 years, homeowner, business owner. If they can't approve me to rent, they must have very few customers.

Fort Pierce, Florida, United States #1335301

Omg! This happend to me and a friend of mine as well.

They made us send photos of face holding license, pic of drivers license and a pic of credit card and they still denied me. The first trip was good no problems except one.

I paid for the rental then noticed a couple of hours later that more money was taken out of my bank account. So now I'm thinking this site is a scam and I'm going to figure out what's really going on.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #1316284

The same thing happened to me. I meet every requirement. I am thinking of taking legal action.

Henderson, Kentucky, United States #1206461

The same thing just happened to me in Kentucky.

View more comments

RelayRides - Complaint against extreme unprofessionalism

Salt Lake City, Utah 0 comments
Insurance Quality

I have never expected such an unprofessional attitude from Turo. I was on hold by your customer representative from past 30 min so that I could connect to Miss Kristen in claims department but after waiting for so long my phone was disconnected by Turo. Not to mention this is not just one incident, I have been requesting her to call me back from past 2 days and every time I get some or the other false assurance that she would be calling in an hour etc.

Apart from that, I have called and emailed Turo atleast 50 times from past 2 weeks. You guys should write a disclaimer on your website for owners "Beware to list your cars on Turo. You will be troubled like anything if something happened to your car". I never expected such unprofessionalism from a growing company like Turo. Customer satisfaction should be their first priority. I have never been in so much mental trouble than my last 2 weeks while talking to Turo.

I hope Turo rectifies all these.

Shobhit Mehrotra

shobhitrox@gmail.com

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. shobhit06 stated that there is a room for improvement of relay rides evasive policies for damage claims and terms and conditions. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of relayrides customer care. RelayRides needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned relayrides customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at RelayRides.

RelayRides - Terrible website now as turo.com

Matawan, New Jersey 0 comments
1.9
Insurance Quality

The turo website is now hobbled compared to what relay rides used to be.

You used to be able to contact a car own to get answers to questions like whether a car was smoke free or if you could wiggle in a few extra miles, etc.

That ability to contact is now gone.

IF you try and call Turo for support, you get a very narrow range of selections most of which say to use their website. After a terse set of options, none of them which applied to what I wanted from them, their machine just hung up on me.

This is about the worse customer service I have seen in regards to renting anything. I would not recommend turo until it opens up lines of communication, both to their owners AND to their support group. Real human beings like to talk to one another, it's more efficient. Assuming a lofty and distant stance relying on email alone is a really cold shoulder approach. Very bad.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of relayrides customer care. RelayRides needs to "real customer support" according to poster's claims.

RelayRides - AWFUL! CAN TAKE YOUR MONEY WITHOUT WARNING!!

Chicago, Illinois 1 comment
Insurance Quality

TERRIBLE company. I am a host through Airbnb and love the all the new sharing apps out there.

This one is DO NOT USE for sure. I returned my car in tip top shape yet the owner filed a claim. Turn states that it can withhold AT LEAST $300 even if you win the case!! It is for "processing" or taking the time to deal with it or what ever.

Luckily it was not me who caused the damage but another driver. Otherwise I would have been in the hole for SO MUCH MONEY. NEVER AGAIN will I EVER rent from this company. I have never been so stressed in my life.

Its not worth being completely stressed your whole rental period that the owner may think you caused so damage, however small it might be. TURO SIDES WITH THE DRIVER! THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY, and they will have no problem doing it. You will be SOL.

I never have to worry about this with Enterprise.

So with them I will stay. USE THIS SERVICE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

ktmck wrote the review because of pricing issue at RelayRides. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants RelayRides to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was some of the terms and conditions. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by RelayRides and relayrides car rental booking for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

Never use Turo, they charged me for damage and they did not show any evidence. I warn you that you can be next sufferer.

Relayrides Jeep Car Rental Review from Jonesboro, Georgia

Jonesboro, Georgia 3 comments

I thought it was an awesome idea to be able to rent a nice car for a decent price. Then I rented a very nice Jeep Wrangler and returned it without any damages.

The car owner filed a false claim for 800 stating the vehicle was damanged. He posted Picts of a jeep that wasn't the one I rented. Turo took the 800 out of my account without any notice. Of course I reached out to the claims specialist which wasn't no help at all.

I provided her with tons of pictures of the jeep. I asked for a payment plan but they still keep on trying to charge my card 800 up front.

It's very upsetting, because I don't Have this kind of money to be wasting . I don't know what else to do!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of relayrides jeep car rental. RelayRides needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned relayrides jeep car rental in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at RelayRides.

Hi, Jonesbro!

We had same, very similar problem.

Still talking to Turo, but soon might be starting with lawers/finanical security authorities.

Would you like to join the effort, please contact us.

to Anonymous Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States #1209358

Hi. Did you ever get this figured out?

we are also going through this.

They have sent us to collections for damages we did not cause and have no evidence. Please let me know your outcome or any feedback how to attack this.

to Anonymous #1295486

Hey Did you ever get this figured out? I have similar problem pls help me out 818-975-0065 thank you

Relayrides Customer Care Review from Falls Church, Virginia

Falls Church, Virginia 2 comments
2.3
Additional Services

Well, check this out. I joined Turo.

Didn't rent for a while. Decided to give them a try when I was out of town. Paid the rental fee plus a delivery fee, money came out instantly from my credit card. On the way to get the car I am told the owner canceled and my membership has been declined.

I was already a member. Their support team had given me a $50 credit and my thinking was they didn't want me to use the credit. Personally I think they are discriminating against people who are not white and they are going to be outed sooner than they think. Their proprietary whatever I think is partly based on people's race.

I meet all the criteria they have publicly listed except for the proprietary criteria that is secret. But mark my words, companies that are racists even if hiding behind proprietary methods do get outed at some point.

This is America. Thou shall be outed.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at RelayRides. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants RelayRides to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by RelayRides and relayrides customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

San Antonio, Texas, United States #1247389

Not true,, I am an owner with Turo since many years and Most of my customers are color people and not white .. please be fair .. I know they are restrict but it is a risky business..

Aurora, Colorado, United States #1226694

I would avoid Turo as there customer support is very poor

RelayRides - Rented out Car with expired registration and expired insurance

Los Angeles, California 0 comments
1.7

They have changed their name from RelayRides to Turo. Rented out a Toyota Prius for 3 months.

Car was in good condition, but major problem with the way Turo operates. They allowed a woman who doesn't own the car to create a Turo account and rent out the car with expired registration and expired insurance. She told me the car was her bosses car. When I asked to see the registration when she delivered the car, it wasn't under her boss' name.

The car actually belonged to her boss' girlfriend. I paid Turo upfront and the car was delivered to me with registration and insurance that had expired 6 in mid-2015.

I have documented proof of everything. Not sure where to leave this review, but want people to know that Turo clearly doesn't have enough safety checks in place to prevent this kind of disaster.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss not as described of toyota prius rental. RelayRides needs to offer any options to resolve the issue according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned toyota prius rental in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at RelayRides.

Relayrides Car Rental Review from Detroit, Michigan

Detroit, Michigan 1 comment

This company should be shut down.

A couple of months ago, my car was totally unreliable until I could get it fixed, and I signed up for Relay Rides.

I found a vehicle to rent for a week. In the middle of that week, I was informed that my own car wouldn't be ready when my rental was up. So I went back to the website and attempted to reserve another rental starting the day after I returned the current one. Can you believe that you can't do that?

You need to return your current one BEFORE you can reserve another one. This makes no sense to me. They make you pay before the reservation is made, so I'm not really sure why you can't make a reservation in advance. Therefore, I tried to make an account with a different email address.

I didn't think it would be a problem, since after it denied my reservation, the website told me only one car per ACCOUNT. So, when the website says I can't rent cars at all, I call relay rides. (By the way, had to press the number for an "emergency" just to get to a real person. The only customer service is through email, and they take over a week to respond.

So I finally talk to someone and explained what happened. He said he took care of it and I can now rent cars. Well, that was a lie. I call again, and am told the same thing.

Still can't rent cars. I then email asking the same thing, and am told the support team is taking care of it and I should get my decision in 3 days. After 7 days, I emailed back, and was told my case was transferred to a fraud professional and gave me her email. No response from her for over a week.

When she finally did respond, asked for pics of my cc and drivers license. Sent them, no feedback. Emailed her and was told the pictures weren't clear enough. A blind man could have seen it was me.

So I resend them, and get no response. Over the course of the next month, I emailed this lady over 6 times, and get an automated response EVERY SINGLE TIME. Finally I got frustrated and told her that I need an actual answer this is important for me right now...I made another account on accident and for Pete's sake can you please give me the contact info of your manager. Guess what?

My claim was denied, and they won't tell me why. They finally switched their name to Turo because it's under "new management". Try to call Turo to see if I will be reinstated and treated better, but nope. Horrible horrible company.

You've been warned. What a nightmare

This reviewer shared experience about order processing issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with RelayRides. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about RelayRides.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Rentals category for more informed decision or compare RelayRides to other companies on our site.

Comments

If her name was Klyie you will always be treated this trash, ignored or get a cancelled membership!