Resolved: RelayRides - Customer Support Suspended My Account

Chicago, Illinois 2 comments
Resolved
3.0

Update by user Sep 29, 2015

After asking them politely one more time and giving more detail about the situation, they have at last reinstated my account. So I feel slightly better, but was pretty worried.

Original review posted by user Sep 29, 2015

I wanted to use a car for 2 hours to make a short trip and politely asked a car owner if I could get a discount for such a short time/distance. He proceeded to call me a Cheapo!

I was surprised, but still ended up booking with him at the original price. He accepted. I told him that since it was a hot summer day I'd want to bring the top back of the Jeep, since it said in the listing it can be a convertible. He said something yes ok sure.

And then the day of the reservation, I was like ok, coming soon, can you please have the top off? So anyways, he then cancelled my reservation the day off, and I only had 2 hours left to find a different car. I was very frustrated and called the guy a "*** wad" yes maybe I shouldn't have. But the dude cancelled me the day of 2 hours before.

Plus, he called me a cheapo first.

Anyways my account is now suspended and they wouldn't even reinstate it. Completely siding with the car owners, and not having no empathy with me.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to "reinstate my account!" as the author lost $20. georgerush707 is overall dissatisfied with RelayRides. The most disappointing about relayrides car rental booking at RelayRides was and not not helping renter deal with dishonest car owners, unfair treatment and lack of empathy for customers Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about RelayRides.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Rentals category for more informed decision or compare RelayRides to other companies on our site.

Comments

georgerush707

This issue has been resolved. Thank you relayrides!

to georgerush707 Nashville, Tennessee, United States #1048619

Has it REALLY been resolved?

There are still too many dishonest, selfish, unaccommodating car owners (I'm talking particularly about Nashville area).

Owners need to be penalized for more than just not responding to all messages or in a timely manner.

It needs to show how often they don't approve trips on their profile because that's what causes the real inconvenience half the time.

One guy declined me a 2nd time because he said 'it wasn't economical' for me to rent one day. What the ***? There's totally a way for them to indicate a preference of a minimum rental period at a day or more, but he didn't do that.

He started off by saying that he had no cars available. ***. He changed his availability moments after I tried to book the first time on top of that. Tell me that's not shady.

I reiterate: dishonest. Keep these bastards accountable or you'll get on a *** list higher than Zipcar, and those guys are some *** for real.

RelayRides - Car Rental Review from Los Angeles, California

Los Angeles, California 3 comments

My friend rented a car through RelayRides in El Segundo Ca. On 5/27/15 I borrowed the car to take things to my storage and picked up a passengenger who was wrongfully wanted for a serious crime.

He has been cleared of any wrong doing. The police pulled me over and eventually shot my passenger 6 times outside of the car. I was taken to jail for 21 days for previous traffic sitations. When I got out I spoke with my friend about my property that was inside the car.

3 laptops, $397 in cash, my wallet with DL, DEBIT cards etc. 3 expensive cell phones, my designer purse with makeup, clothes, shoes, camera, i pad, a priceless external hard drive with every picture and video of my children Ive ever taken including their births on it, an ipod,a gps and brand new items still in bags purchased for my kids. They emailed her while I was incarcerated and told her that they needed me to get my property but upon my relase they refused to speak with me or allow me to pick up the property. They then said 2 days later that the night previous they had mistakenly "disposed" of my property in the trash and that was that.

They then totaled a car with a damaged fender and stuck my friend with the bill. I found out through my credit card company that my car was being used for fraudulent purchases 8 days after I was arrested and one of the transactions was at a Starbucks right near the relay rides business front where my property was taken.

The manager there lied to me and my stuff was stolen almost immediately after it was taken there by employees and they refuse to even talk to me. Do not deal with this business they are fraudulent and crooked

This person wrote the review because of bad quality at RelayRides and attached photo s. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants RelayRides to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by RelayRides and relayrides car rental for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

You are one hot mess. As for your complaint ...

just what is the issue you're complaining about? Your "friend" or foes, or rental car charge by your "friend?" Aye yiyi! I haven't a clue what went down, who did what, nor which "friend" you're referring to.

Your lack of writing skills has your complaint showing zero information as to what you're trying to claim.

SMH!?

~Sierra

lol... maybe you should have cleared up your "traffic sitations" before RENTING A FREAKING CAR

I'd give them *** the likes they would never forget. The wrath I'd bring down would be ***.

RelayRides - RENTERS BEWARE IN ORLANDO!!!

Orlando, Florida 0 comments

I RENTED FROM RELAY RIDES AND THE OWNER PUT BOGUS CHARGES MAKE SURE THE OWNER IS PRESENT TO GO OVER ANY PRESENT DAMAGE AND ANOTHER THING BE CAREFUL UPLOADING PICTURES AS EVIDENCE SOMETIMES IT DOESNT WORK. SOME OF THESE OWNERS ARE SCAM ARTIST.

THEY DIDNT EVEN MEET UP I HAD TO PICK UP THE VEHICLE IN SOME CRAZY LOCATION THEN THEY ASKED ME TO TEXT THEM ON ANOTHER NUMBER.

RELAY RIDES DOESN'T DO ENOUGH TO PROTECT THE RENTERS!!! THEY NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN JUST GO THE NORMAL RENTAL COMPANIES I WAS CHARGED LIKE $2000.00 FOR DAMAGES THAT I DIDNT DO AT ALL ITS ALL BOGUS JUST OTHER PEOPLE PREYING ON FOLKS THAT FIND THEMSELVES NEEDING A CAR JUST USE THE BUS ARE SAVE YOUR MONEY AND BUY A CAR THIS IS BS.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. This person is overall dissatisfied with RelayRides. The most disappointing about relayrides car rental at RelayRides was relay rides evasive claim resolution practices and scam artist owners Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about RelayRides.

RelayRides - Owners Beware!

Chicago, Illinois 3 comments

Recently had a renter get into a fender bender in my BMW. They also drove the car around for 2 days on a flat damaging my tire.

My own insurance company contacted me a few days after the renter returned the car to tell me that my car was in an accident! The renters never informed me or RelayRides. After I filed a claim, RelayRides followed up and talked to my renter and the person they hit. RelayRides determined that I had an accident!

They blamed me! My claim was denied and my profile deleted from RelayRides. I'm still fighting with them over this. The best part is is that I have MetroMile insurance and I have a GPS tracking device in the car that shows when the car was being drive.

I also have the security footage from my parking garage that shows they were driving the car and returned it an hour late with damage. I have Uber screenshots to show I was in an Uber at the time of the alleged accident. But RelayRides rep claims they will not do anything until they see a police report. My car is stuck in the shop getting a new tire.

My car threw an error code after the collision so now that has to get inspected and the bumper has to be repainted.

So yea, stay away from RelayRides. I will be considering following a class action lawsuit or at least talking to my local Alderman to get RelayRides banned from the City of Chicago.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of relayrides car rental. RelayRides needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned relayrides car rental in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at RelayRides.

Comments

Relay Rides did the same thing to me. When a renter totaled my Prius the company Relay Rides insurance refused to pay me a dime.

I was so upset that I finally retained a lawyer. He thinks it's a good case and asked me to reach out to others that had the same experience for a class action.

Would you email me? I'd love to hear what you went through and maybe we can help each other

jessicalincolnpage@gmail.com

Any followup? I am also a car owner on RelayRides (now Turo). I am definitely concerned.

Hi there I'm currently trying to fight a similar issue Whit relayrides they are making ir really hard for them cover for the damages done to the car by the renter even though there is enough evidence to proof the damages done to the car by the renter do you know if there is away to take this to court relayrides is not safe for owners or even renters

RelayRides - Your credit card is not secure!

Walnut Creek, California 0 comments

I had serious trepidations when relay rides demanded a photo of my credit card and a photo of my drivers license along with all my digits. So, I provided them a credit card that I had not used for years. Sure enough, within 1 week, a charge was made to that unused credit card account.

I asked relay rides to delete all my info. But they refused. How wonderful that identity thieves have a fast track to the info on relay rides. Plus, customer service must retain that info for future identity theft!

Be very careful when sharing any info with this company. If anything, avoid them altogether.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $10000. This person is overall dissatisfied with RelayRides. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Relayrides Staff Review from Highland Park, Texas

Highland Park, Texas 1 comment
5.0

RelayRides does not like black people! look at the owners and try talking to customer service!!! if Ur black and want any type of service u get no service!!!

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with RelayRides. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Comments

I agree with you, don"t use relay rides if your black. Majority of the owners are non-black people and they view you with suspicion i rented a car for a few days and when I went to rent the owner was not present they had some *** directions to get the key and everything.

I guess they dont want to see black folks. i tried to use the camera to upload pictures from my phone it said the picture was too little. upon returning the car the owners were not present again. The next day i get some message that the car had a bump which was a lie there was no bump at all when i returned the car.

these money hungry scam artist made up charges that were not true . again like i mentioned before relay rides would not accept my pictures that i uploaded it said that it was too little.

my advice is rent from a reputable company not this scam artist company. the owners will prey on you make sure they are present.

RelayRides - Relay Rides Rip Off !! More Loss to Car Owner If Car is damaged with no accountability by Renter or Relay Rides.

Orange, California 1 comment
1.8
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

Plight of dealing with Relay Rides :(No wonder they are not bbb accredited which I had known this earlier until now)

My Yelp Review : http://www.yelp.com/biz/relayrides-los-angeles?hrid=34PGG78YyB2h-Dm0QB9_-A&utm_campaign=www_review_share_popup&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=(direct)

Ref : Relay Rides Reservation ID - 800623

My ordeal begins when I put our 3rd Car on Relay Rides by getting Lured by

Quote...

Relay Rides Claims :

1) Your car is covered by our $1,000,000 liability policy during every rental. It covers any damage to or theft from your car, with no out-of-pocket expenses.

2) Your safety is our #1 priority. We screen each renter and run additional verifications to maintain a safe marketplace.

Unquote..

Unfortunately none of these claims hold true when it really comes to Execution. Makes us feel it's a Bogus Claim.

I put my Wifes very dear car her VW Red Convertible Bug on Relay Rides as it was our 3 car and most of the times sitting in the Garage as we occasionally use to drive it. So it occured to us looking at Relay Rides CLAIMs which is indeed "Too good to be TRUE" ( Unfortunately late realization ).

We were Naive at that point and never expected anything Negative would happen as Relay Rides claims it does good screening of its Renter and we take their word for that. Also they do huge claims about 1 Million $ insurance if anything goes bad in the Renting Process.

So we thought We are all Covered and it's safe to DEAL with Relay Rides but the bitter FACT is it's an ORDEAL to DEAL with Relay Rides. Our Car was rented by a student from the East Coast for a duration of little over a month. We had our car sparkling clean before we handed the car to the Renter. Also we trusted the Renter based on Relay Rides claims of Screening etc.

For the Return the renter changed her schedule and decided to leave 2 days earlier from the scheduled Rental duration. Since it was a Friday and very short notice for us that too after my wife checked with the Renter on her schedules she was told that the Renter would be leaving 2 days earlier i.e Friday instead of Sunday. Since we stay and work too far from the Airport there was no way for us to make it to the Airport to pick up the car from the Renter which we personally wanted to so that we get chance to inspect in front of the Renter.

Since we were not able to make it we still accomodated the Renters request and arranged a Valet at the Airport for Renters convenience. We picked up the car next day and little we knew about a HUGE UNPLEASANT SURPRISE for us at the Valet where our car was parked. It was ALL TRASHED without any exaggeration with multiple DAMAGES both INSIDE OUT.

Damages as under :

1)The car was dinged at the back(rear bumper damage) and passenger door. - $600

2)The Roof top of the Car was completely damaged with broken parts just stuck in the car. The Soft Roof had wear/tear marks. - $ 1800 With labor + new Softtop roof

3) Passenger side door from Inside had deep scratches at the Edge . - Not asked

4) Rear Passenger side had Deep scratches from inside. - Appx $ 300 repair + repaint

5) The blank piece under the AC panel was broken. - Not asked

6) The Windshield had a crack which got noticed after the car wash as it was hidden by the Dirt and Grime on the Car. - appx $350

7) The car also developed some Mechanical problems with the Throttle Body. - $850

Total Cost of Damages : Over $3000 in total actually and I still did not even ask the full damages to be reimbursed

Cleanliness Issues :

1) Car was full of Dirt/Muck inside out.

2) Bird *** inside as the Soft roof must have been down and was parked. Was never cleaned.

3) Foot marks all over the Glove box door. Lot of Beach Sand all over the car , seat covers etc.

4) Fluid drop over the leather seat covers and Gear panels.

Also the car was never returned with Full Gas which is quite negligent and I never got a chance to claim it.

I tried to pursue this initially with the Renter based on Relay Rides site advise that any damages initially needs to be tried and worked out with the Seller . I was doing just that and when I called the Renter promised that she will work out the expense of the damange. We as usual trusted the Renter and fell into the trap. It was a weekend and we did not have any estimates nor an actual account of the Damage.

Later on after constant follow ups via email / phone / text when we notices the Renter is being evasive we tried to get in touch with Relay Rides as we thought we were following the protocol. Relay Rides claims we need to do the claims within 24 hours which is ridiculous and impractical. First of all we are not awake 24 hours .Also if its a weekend we do not have any auto shop available to understand the extent of damage and appraise the same. This is a personal car. There is lot of other things we need to deal with in our daily lives as Relay Rides is not the only thing we thrive on for our livelihood.

Long story short - Relay Rides has been unsupportive,unco-operative,insensitive to my loss/damages.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. mitz stated that there is a room for improvement of renter and no accountability by renter or relay rides when car is damaged. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss "relay rides false claims" of relayrides car rental and associated monetary loss in the amount of $4000. RelayRides needs to "damage compensation and mental harassment dealing with relay rides. $5000 compensation at the least" according to poster's claims.

Enjoy. Your.

Marietta, Georgia 1 comment
2.1
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

I looked around and wanted to rent a nice car for a week. Stumbled upon Relay Rides and saw lots of nice cars to rent.

My driving record is clean.

After putting all of my info in the system, I get a email telling me that I was rejected and unable to rent any cars.

When I inquired about this situation, I was told to get lost.

Please DONT go here at all if you want to be treated as a human being.

Totally Unprofessional organization.

Then when I reached out to support, they told me that I was rejected from RelayRides. I asked why and they told me that they couldn't disclose any information. Again I asked why and received no reason.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to issue a full refund as the author lost $1000. algordon2014 is overall dissatisfied with RelayRides. The most disappointing about relayrides car rental at RelayRides was unprofessional and accusotory, communication and customer service Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Still no reply at all.

RelayRides - Car Rental Review from Havre, Montana

Havre, Montana 0 comments
1.8
Insurance Quality

Very slippery people to deal with. Said they couldn't verify my info.

Then declined as a driver and would not of course disclose why. My credit and driving record are impeccable. Very non responsive and slow to communicate at times. Application process was slow and tedious.

Very amateurish and unprofessional. I wouldnt rent from them either as i have read of some of the issues people have had in dealing with this company.

RelayRides - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. They are unreliable, slow, and very biased towards the car owner to ensure repeat business.

Austin, Texas 0 comments
1.3

THEY WILL *** OVER. I rented a Fiat with an already broken bumper, and the owner is trying to hold me responsible. The owner was not there for the rental exchange; he had an employee of his give me the keys and sign under the owner’s name. He did not inspect the car. After returning to my home, I parked the car in an area WITH NO CURBS and the next morning I noticed that the bumper was slightly detached. I immediately took photos, reported it to RelayRides, and called the owner. He told me to return the car and he would quote it (hinting he had previous issues with this fiat and bumper), since he was a Body Shop owner. THIS IS NOT FAIR PRACTICE. I was now out the rental fee ($400+) and did not have a car for the next week so had to take a taxi to and from work ($300+ for the rental period). It then took two weeks for the owner to give RelayRides additional information to process the claim. He claimed he could not send pictures because he didn't have access to a camera, which I find that very hard to believe. RelayRides told him he had to get another three quotes due to him owning the auto body shop, the only reasonable thing done. I last heard from the company when they told me they didn’t have enough information to determine who was responsible but I would have to pay regardless. I haven't heard back from RelayRides after asking them how much the repair cost would be. It's now been over 5 weeks with no resolution since the situation. I have no idea what he has done to the car in that time, the rental period was supposed to be updated after returning the car but nothing was done, making me responsible for whatever happened to the vehicle during the rental period. I don't know if he fixed it himself, and is going to try to bill me for the repair, if it's been further damaged, or anything regarding the condition. RelayRides will not reply to me when I try to find out what is going on, and have just told me to not cancel the credit card in case they have to charge me. I will never ever be using this company again, and I warn you all to stay away if you like being treated like an actual person. I am STILL WAITING for a resolution to this issue, and may or may not be out another $1000 dollars by the time it is said and done, for damage that I DID NOT DO.

TL;DR: DO NOT USE RELAYRIDES. DON'T. DO. IT

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $1000. xicor01 is overall dissatisfied with RelayRides. The most disappointing about relayrides car rental at RelayRides was customer service, unprofessional and accusotory and and not not helping renter deal with dishonest car owners Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.